Friday, July 1, 2011

Virtual Paintout: New Zealand

Close to the intersection of Glenorchy-Paradise Road and Priory Road


This is not one of my more successful Virtual Paintout projects, but at least I got one done this month. I am always very eager to see what the new city is going to be and I check Bill's site early on the first of each month. I usually choose my scene within a day or two. And then somehow, the month gets away from me, and half the time I never get a picture completed! Today, mission accomplished, with literally less than ten minutes to spare.


My original drawing is on a medium gray paper so it's dark to begin with, and I couldn't lay down enough color because of the texture of the paper. To salvage it, I decided to make this a manual/electronic work and bump up the contrast and color in Photoshop. Not great, but better than my original drawing for sure.

Click on the caption under the picture to see the actual scene on Google maps. The trees are not really pink but as you'll see, the real scene is a bit dull so I took liberties.
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Yes, it's a lovely picture and all, but where are the beads? 
I have been away from the clay too long, but a new commitment to the gym (down 10 lbs, thank you very much) and the new cat have taken precedence the last few weeks. I promise I will use my three-day July 4 weekend to re-stock my etsy shop. It looks like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard in there! I also owe a few custom items to people so those are on the agenda as well.

Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

  1. I like your version much better, I think it's quite a pretty picture, well done :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails