Sunday, November 7, 2010

Artist: Jeannie McGuire

After the pastel workshop (see post below), a few of us went to an open house at artist Jeannie McGuire's house. She works in watercolor and has a gorgeous, distinctive style. She does figures and uses strong cropping to add drama and put the focus on the subject. She was the featured artist in the Aug 2010 Watercolor Magazine.

And I am totally jealous of her attic studio. If I had such a room I would never leave it!

 Go look at her website!

 
At the open house I had this deeeeeeelicious white bean, rosemary,and lemon zest dip. Addictive and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I was just looking through your blog and saw where you had painted that cute little street in San Miguel de Allende. I was so excited to see it! I was actually in San Miguel a few years back, it really is what it seems, an old Spanish town with gorgeous little winding streets and lots of flowers. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails