Thursday, September 16, 2010

Virtual Paintout: Manhattan

It's been a few months since I dug into the pastels. But since Bill Guffey chose Manhattan as the source city for VirtualPaintout, and I'm going on vacation there next month, I forced myself to give the clay a rest long enough to make a picture.


It's not very good but I did achieve my goal of being more deliberate, deciding where to make a mark, make it, then move on. No blending with my fingers and I only had to brush a tiny area off three times when I made a mark that was totally off the mark!

The man up front is probably too tall, and the people in my painting don't look like the people in the Street View image, but they do look like people. Instead of the soup line that it is, it seems more like moms and kids on a field trip!


Paste the address below into Google Maps, zoom in, click on the map marker, and click on "Street View."
392 W 28th St, New York, NY


I really like this tiny section of my painting:




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails