Sunday, April 11, 2010

Home Improvement: Or, my mom has great kids!

I love paint! Nothing can make a more dramatic change for less $. And it's so easy. I highly recommend Purdy Paintbrushes! The edge on them is so sharp, you can paint along the ceiling edge and along the baseboard without taping!

My stepdad was out of town so my brother and I went to my mom's to paint their bedroom. It was plain white and she had an idea for a yellow and blue room. Look how nice it turned out! New white blinds and white curtains are coming next. And at some point in the near future, a border of a faux painted chair rail, a rope trim, or wallpaper border will go in the white chair rail space.

The colors we used were Valspar 4010-6 Baritone Blues and Olympic Belgian Waffle B14-2. (The Belgian Waffle is actually a nice buttery yellow though it looks more beige here.)

We painted the space between the bedroom entrance and the bathroom all yellow so it's like the bedroom has its own foyer. 
Joe and I were rewarded with a trip to the Pizza Buffet at Greco's! Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! That lampshade would look good with stripes in one of those blue colors...maybe a horizontal strip around its top and bottom.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails